Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Apprenticeship Class - Vanilla Cake

We run 3 months Apprenticeship Courses where we teach you loads and loads of stuff from cake baking to cake decorating. Students get exposed to lots of cake flavours and cake artistry in general, wedding cakes, kiddies cakes etc etc. Its a full disclosure class, cos the student is like our staff and we expect her to be able to do all these things on her own after the 3 months period.

So meet Juliet : she didn't come in yesterday (and of course lets blame everything on the rain right) so today as soon as she came in today and i said ......

"You are making me a  6 inch Tripple Layered Vanilla Cake, and you have just 10mins to ask me any question you want, after the 10 mins, do not call me until you have my 3 layers of cake baked".

And thank God she didn't fall my hand (for those not acquainted with our beloved pidgin english, that means she didn't fail).....here she is with her 3 layers of  well baked vanilla cake !  

I pinched a little off the top of one while she earnestly searched my face for a verdict, but as a true teacher, you never score all the points so score is "YOU TRIED (with a small smile)"  kapish !!!

Class closed for today girl !

No comments:

Post a Comment